Explain Time Management, Benefits, Obstacles, Techniques
1- Waqt Sub Ko Milta hai Zindagi badlne k Liye
Likn Zindagi Dubara Nhi Milti Waqt Badlne k Liye.
2- Waqt Krta hai Parwarsh Barso.
HadSa Ek Dum Nhi hoTa.
What is Time Management ?
Time management refers to the way that you organize and plan how long you spend on specific activities.
Benefits of Time Management
- Greater productivity and efficiency.
- A better professional reputation.
- Less stress.
- Greater opportunities to achieve important life and career goals.
Obstacles to effective Time Management
3.Inability to say “NO”
6.Periods of inactivity
7.Too many things at once
8.Stress and fatigue
9. All work and no play
What can we do?
- Recognize that obstacles exist
- Identify them
- Employ strategies to overcome
Time Management Technique
- Spending a little time learning about time-management technique will have huge benefits now and throughout your career.
- One of Important Time Management technique is Covey’s Four Quadrants for time management
Four Quadrants for Time Management
- Represents things that are both “urgent” and “important” – we need to spend time here
- This is where we manage, we produce, where we bring our experience and judgment to bear in responding to many needs and challenges.
- Many important activities become urgent through procrastination, or because we don’t do enough prevention and planning.
- Includes activities that are “important, but not urgent”- Quadrant of Quality
- Here’s where we do our long-range planning, anticipate and prevent problems, empower others, broaden our minds and increase our skills
- Ignoring this Quadrant feeds and enlarges Quadrant I, creating stress, and deeper crises for the person consumed by it
- Investing in this Quadrant shrinks Quadrant I
- Includes things that are “urgent, but not important” – Quadrant of Deception.
- The noise of urgency creates the illusion of importance.
- Actual activities, if they’re important at all, are important to someone else.
- Many phone calls, meetings and drop-in visitors fall into this category
- Reserved for activities that are “not urgent, not important”- Quadrant of Waste.
- We often “escape” to Quadrant IV for survival.
- Reading addictive novels, watching mindless television shows, or gossiping at office would qualify as Quadrant IV time-wasters.
Minor Time Waster
- Interruptions we face during the day
- Being a slave on the telephone
- Unexpected/Unwanted visitors
- Needless reports/Junk mail
- Meetings without agenda
Major Time Waster
- Afraid to Delegate
- Not Wanting to Say “NO”
- Low Self-Esteem
- Problems With Objectives/Priorities
WHAT CAN STOP YOU?
- Negative Thoughts
- Negative People
- Low Self-Esteem
- Fear of Failure
- Fear of Rejection / Criticism
How do I use this to make my life better?
“Time = life; therefore, waste your time and waste of your life, or master your time and master your life.” – Alan Lakein
Your Must Analysis your SWOT Analysis.