What are Soft Skills
Soft Skills are the GLUE between all of your technical skills, in your life everyone skill is most important all skills is implement in life.
- Team Spirit
- Business Etiquette
- Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Positive Attitude
- Time Management
Soft Skills are the Attach between complete of your technical skills…
How do you work with others?
- Do you value the opinions and skills of other people?
- Are you too focused on yourself and your role, without thinking about the bigger picture?
- Are you self-centered ?
Do you interact with others?
- How do you carry on a conversation?
- Do you answer a question with clear, correct language?
- Smile, eye contact, handshake, posture….
- Professional Dress
- Interviewing Skills – you have to develop them
- Body language
- Listening skills
- Context of conversation/focus
Communication to make a point in a professional way
- Do you clearly state things professionally in a calm manner?
- Do you fly off the handle when people do not agree with you?
- How do you get along with your supervisor? Others?
Complaint or Solution?
- Do you focus on negative things?
- Do you complain without providing an idea for a solution?
- Is your glass half-empty?
- Do you focus on the performance or mistakes of others?
What is moving you?
- Do you get up on your own for work/school or is someone else still doing that for you?
- Do you wait to be told to do something or seek out work?
- What is motivating you? Family? Money? Recognition?
All the time in a day
- Are you scrambling to get from one thing to the next?
- Do you forget appointments? Assignments? Are you LATE?
Time Management Tools
- Buy a calendar diary
- Use calendar functions on your computer or cell phone….
- Find a tool and stick to it!
Now it’s time to GET REAL
- What is motivating ME?
- Opinions of friends and family—ask for honesty!
- How well do I manage my time?
- How do I take feedback?
- How well do I listen? Focus?
- Be honest with yourself.
- Know that you are NOT alone!
- Confirm your strengths.
- Identify your weaknesses.
- KEEP MOVING FORWARD for that POSITIVE FUTURE!