Explain Cyber Crime, Cyber Warfare, Cyber Terrorism and Act in Pakistan
World in this time of enormous ICT development has many challenges to fight against phenomenon of cyber threats, especially Cyber Crimes,Cyber Terrorism, Cyber Warfare.
Significance of Study…
World in this time of enormous ICT development has many challenges to fight against phenomenon of cyber threats, especially
- Cyber Crimes
- Cyber Terrorism
- Cyber Warfare
As a new forms of asymmetric threats in 21st century. The modern cyber threat landscape requires enterprise organizations to be more vigilant than ever in their mission to protect sensitive data and network resources.
The bloodless war?
- Two years ago, we were afraid of rockets destroying buildings and computer centers…
- Today, we should be aware of software destroying rockets and missiles
Cyber Terrorism VS Cyber Warfare
- If a group of people cyber attacks grid then that would be cyber terrorism
- Cyber terrorism would be something done by a group of hackers done to inflict fear upon the victims (i.e.: stealing thousands of credit card#s to influence the actions of a major banking corporation).
- If a nation cyber attacks the grid than that would be cyber warfare
- Cyber warfare would be the actions done by a nation or army to damage or defect the ability or other things of another country
Cyber Warfront Of India and Pakistan
- A new warfront between Indian and Pakistani kids.
- August is presumably high time for cyber warfare.
- revenge of Mumbai Attacks(November 2010)
- State Agencies are constant victim
- Military Networks
- Government Systems and Websites
- Ecommerce and Financial Institutes
- Telecommunication Companies
Cyber Attacks on Pakistan’s Websites
Cyber Attacks on Pakistan Government official websites
Reported Cybercrimes in Pakistan
According to a report of ICT 7th exhibition CONNECT 2012 , 200 cases were reported in 2011
- On February 16, 2012 FIA arrested a software engineer of a local institution. The boy was accused for hacking email and Facebook IDs. He was used to blackmail females via Facebook accounts.
- The cybercrime wing of FIA arrested a man for sending threatening emails to the managing director of the Karachi Water and Sewerage Board.
- On May 16,2012 CIA arrested four people and handle them to FIA .Two of them were carrying Italian passports and had committed crimes like credit card fraud in Italy. There are uncountable number of cybercrimes which take place in our day to day life
Cyber Laws in Pakistan
- There are different laws, promulgated in Pakistan.
- These laws not only deal with crime of Internet
- These deal with all dimensions related to computer & networks.
- Two of them are most known.
- They are:
- Electronic Transaction Ordinance 2002
- Electronic / Cyber Crime Bill 2007
- Cybercrime Bill 2016
Electronic/Cyber Crime Bill 2007
- It offers penalties ranging from six months imprisonment to capital punishment for 17 types of cyber crimes.
- It will apply to every person who commits an offence, irrespective of his nationality or citizenship.
- It gives exclusive powers to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to investigate and charge cases against such crimes.
Cyber Crimes And Punishments
Criminal Data Access
Misuse of devices
How To Report About Cyber Crime
- Use anti-virus software and firewalls – keep them up to date.
- Keep your operating system up to date.
- Don’t open emails or attachments from unknown sources.
- Use hard-to-guess passwords.
- Don’t share access to your computers with strangers.
- Back-up your computer data on disks or CDs often.
- If you have a Wi-Fi network, password protect it.
- Do not open suspicious files/emails .
- Avoid downloading freeware.
- If attacked, disconnect the network
i hope you understanding this post for criminal most wanted.
Also Share my Website: https://www.shahzaibnaz.com