What is Accreditation and Societies
Accreditation is the process in which certification of competency, authority, or credibility is presented.
Accreditation is a process of validation in which colleges, universities and other institutions of higher learning are evaluated. The standards for accreditation are set by a peer review board whose members include faculty from various accredited colleges and universities. This process is done by Accreditation Councils.
- In order for potential colleges to proceed with the accreditation process smoothly, they must meet the general standards set by the accreditation boards.
- Overall Mission of the College
- Objectives and Goals
- Student Requirements for Admissions
- Services Available to Students
- Quality of Education
- Reputation of Faculty
Why is accreditation important?
- An important factor in realizing a successful career, accreditation enables companies to filter those individuals who have obtained a degree from an accredited institution
- Offers students a better chance of having admission in other reputable institutions for graduate or doctoral level education.
Accreditation Councils Purpose
The Accreditation Councils are serving the purpose of ensuring quality of the programs offered at institutional level. There are 9 independent professional councils while 4 councils have been established under Higher Education Commission.
Existing Accreditation Councils/Professional Bodies
- Pakistan Bar Council (PBC)
- Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners (PCATP)
- Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC)
- Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC)
- Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC)
- Pakistan Pharmacy Council (PCP)
- Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC)
- National Council for Homoeopathy (NCH)
- National Council for Tibb (NCT)
Accreditation Councils Established by HEC
- National Accreditation Council for Teachers Education (NACTE)
- National Agricultural Education Accreditation Council (NAEAC)
- National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC)
- National Business Education Accreditation Council (NBEAC)
These are all the accreditation and professional societies in our pakistan which make a excellent institute. I hope you enjoy my article and share this blog and any problem you tell me i will solve you problem thank you so mcuh: Visit this my Website: Shahzaib Naz